Monday, May 7, 2012

Best options for graphics/video card?

Hey guys and girls,

I just got this new game called Need For Speed Pro Street and I want to know what the optimal graphics/video options for it are.



I have:

- Intel core 2 duo processor working at 2.00 Ghz

- 3gb RAM (upgraded from 1gb)

- 32 bit operating system (Windows Vista)

- nvidia geforce 8400 gs 256mb graphics/video card



The thing is, I have lots of RAM now but the game still seems poor when I max out the graphics options. Also, what is V-sync, Anti-aliasing and stuff like that?



It would be really helpful to me and I will give the best answer 10 points to the person who has the best answer!!|||V-sync is a feature that aligns the screen between frames. Sometimes, the screen shows the top half of the image a split second before the bottom half. This can be compared to the difference between 1080p and 1080i TV's. It's barely noticeable in even high-paced games. It would be best to turn it off, because it takes up a lot of performance.



As for RAM, Vista only takes up 1GB of RAM, so 3GB should definitely be enough, I have 3 and I can run games on my chipset.



Your processor may need to be upgraded, if you want. A good video card is nothing without a good processor. I have a 2.6GHz dual core, and everything runs fine. 8400GS is not that great of a card. I would suggest getting at least an 8600GT or 8600GTS. For high end gaming, go with the 8800.



Anti aliasing is another video-enhancing feature. Take for example, a horizontal line. In reality, this line is a smooth line, but because of pixel allignment, it will appear to be several minuscule "stair-steps" that annoy only the most avid gamers. Anti-aliasing would trigger the adjacent pixels to be grey on a black horizontal line. This would smooth out the roughness of the image.|||I have a nVidia GeForce 8600 512mb ($150) and i can run the NFS Pro Street Demo at completely full graphics just fine.



Anti-aliasing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antialiasin…



V-sync:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vsync





Check this gfx card out!:



GeForce 9800 GX2:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_980…



Good luck! Hope I could help!|||Get a better video card, up in the 8600 or 8800 series, and overclock your processor as high as you can without upping your voltage settings. I have a E4500 C2D that runs stock at 2.2, but I got it up to 3.0 with a lower voltage and with a stock heatsink with a top temp of about 55C. You should be fine after that.|||Well for one vista is a memory hog so that could be one of your problems make sure to check you don't have any programs running in the background and vertical sync (v-sync) syncs the refresh and reduces the choppy breaks in the game.|||Max everything out, v-sync, anit-aliasing and screen refresh rate along with details. If your game looks nice but is laggy, your graphics card can't handle it. If your big into gaming i suggest get a Geforce 8800 ultra.

No comments:

Post a Comment