Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Best AGP Video Card under $120 for Gaming?

Been a while since I've built my last computer from scratch, so I've lost track of what cards are good for the money. What can you get around the $100 range these days that'll be able to handle modern-day games (even if not necessarily w/ highest quality graphics)?|||I would go with a 7600GS or save a few bugs more and get the GT version.



eVGA 7600GS: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



XFX 7600GT: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…|||ATI 128mb 64 bit with upto 512 hypermemory. very cheap but works fast for me.|||I would suggest that you figure out the games that you plan to install and play on that PC first, then see what cards they recommend and stick with that chipset.



Some games were tested and work better with the nVidia chipset while others are better using ATI.



The two big cards I have seen competing are the GeForce and the Radeons.



To give you an example, I had a Radeon and when I started playing Dark Age of Camelot, I kept crashing any time I looked at the boat in the harbor. I switched to a GeForce and had no more problems afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment