Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What video card is best for me?

Hi, my gaming system consists of this:



- Windows XP 32-bit

- 3GB ram (XP only recognises 2.35GB)

- Intel core 2 duo 3GHz

- nVidia XFX 8800GTS 320MB

- 320GB Hard drive

- Dell 375w supply



I understand it may not be the most high end of rigs, but since games nowadays aren't advancing graphically like they were before, I figure i don't really need to upgrade much. All of my games (Bad company 2, Arkham Asylum, Bioshock, COD 4, COD 2) Run at the highest settings with very good framerates, Crysis warhead runs alright at parts, but lags heavily on others on high settings with AA off.



I don't want the best video card out there, but just one that is a step above this one, I can get for reasonable price 100 pounds max. I have a 19 inch monitor, don't need that high of a resolution, only 1280 by 1024. What card do you think I should get?|||THe 460 GTX would be your best bet..however...375W wont cut it..you would need at least a 450W PSU with 2, 6 pin PCIe connectors.|||well if u r upgrading from the 8800GTS u should consider choosing the gtx 460 from evga.its a really good budget card to play games like the new call of duty black ops.besides u can get a limited lifetime warranty.|||your budget is too limited for any substantial gains in performance, considering you would need a new PSU as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment