Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Video card upgrade for gaming?

Hey,



Just bought a new HP Pavilion a6009n about a month and a half ago. I started playing this PC game called Elder Scrolls IV, it's a 3D adventure type game with a huge virtual world. Much to my disappointment, the game runs poorly and is quite choppy - the graphics are not smooth at all and it's very difficult to maneuver and to battle in the game since it's real-time action. I just bought this computer, but I guess I'll have to upgrade the video card. I have a 19" widescreen that I'm playing on (does that matter?). I have an NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE in there right now and I would like to upgrade the video card so it will run PC games without a hitch, but I'm not looking to spend over $150. What do you think? Is there a specific video card I should check out?



Best regards,



Joe|||lol i dont know what the guy talking above me is saying. you can get an XFX Geforce 8600 256mb of GDDR3 for like 130$.



Also there is an HIS Radeon (partnered with ATI) it is an HIS Radeon 1650PRO IceQ 512mb of GDDR2, i heard this card is decent, but it doesnt support directX 10, so if you dont have vista and dont plan to upgrade to vista any time soon, get a card that supports directX 9, they're getting somewhat cheaper.|||I never find good Graphic Card for gaming with price under $150. For gaming, i think Geforce 7600 series are enough. I find a good Graphic card (I think..), Leadtek Geforce 8600 GTS TDH / 256 MB / GDDR3 / SLI / PCI-e / Dual Link / Dual DVI / HDTV, the price is $ 200 (Amazon.com price). The Difference with your budget ($150) is just $ 50. Maybe it's good choice for you...|||honestly, you cant find a descent nVidia or ati radeon under $150, the cheapest would be a nvidia geforce 7 series but if you want to play elder scrolls without any problems, you would need a nvidia 8 series which you can expect to be about $275-$300, around there.

No comments:

Post a Comment