Monday, May 7, 2012

What video card would be best for my computer?

Right now I have a Intel 82865G. I have an IBM with 2GB ram, 250 GB hard drive with a Pentium 4 2.8GHZ.

I have found a Sparkle SF8855-DT GeForce FX5500 256MB AGP Video Card which seems good and fits my computer... do u have any better suggestions? For a low price. I'm looking for something to play games with, not high quality but something like halo and aoe.|||Personally, I think either of the FX5500 cards would do fine for older games. You're definately going to need an AGP card so it seems like you've done your homework there.



I personally stay away from Sparkle's products however as they tend to have probems with the memory aswell as being known as a budget brand.



There are newer cards you should be able to pick up however which should give you a bit more performance without costing you more. Some people might think the P4 could be a bottleneck which may limit performance from some cards but I highly doubt it.



Have a look at these:



Geforce 6600, 6800

ATI radeon 9500, 9550 and 9600



I've seen these on ebay for around 25 pounds. They're really good performers for your needs and if you're not a big gamer they'll most likely do you until your computer bites the dust.



Try and get one from a seller that will send it in a static proof bag provided it doesn't have the original box. You'll know it's been handled properly then.

No comments:

Post a Comment