Friday, April 27, 2012

What would be the best video card for a Gateway GT5692 AMD, especially if you're a gamer? What should I use?

I play oblivion alot and it glitches wayy too much. I'd like to add a video card and a sound card, but i don't know ANYTHING about computers. Any suggestions from you computer gamers out there? What should I upgrade it with? I know its not much of a gaming computer, but i dont have enough money for a gaming rig. HELP?!|||Well your fairly limited with only a 300 watt power supply, I think a GTX 260 is too much for that PSU.



You might try a 4650 or a 4670 from ATI, these two cards do not requite extra power from the PSU, they run on the 75 watts available at the slot.



Also look into the 5750 or 5650 I do not know the power requirements of these newer cards, its possible they might not require extra power. I do not know.



Sound card is not needed unless you have the high end speakers to go with it. Otherwise any extra sound quality released by the card is lost in the speakers.



Or, if your an audiophile and really enjoy and recognize the improved sound quality. I can tell the difference if I play a song that I've heard hundreds of times, but sounds that I'm unfamiliar with I cannot even tell the difference between onboard and add in card sound.|||The Nvidia GTX 260 is a decent graphics card. You DONT need a new sound card. Waste of cash unless your sound is messed up.

No comments:

Post a Comment