Friday, April 27, 2012

What is the BEST video card for my computer situation?

I have a tower with a GeForce GT 430. I can run some games OK, but I want a graphics card that can actually handle the bigger games (Battlefield 3).



I have:



-i5 2400 processor

-16 GB RAM

- 430 watt power supply (Thermaltake)

- only room for whatever my current GeForce GT 430 video card takes up.



So I need a Vid Card that can fit in the space I have, and only use 430 watts. Any ideas? I don't care the cost.



Thanks for any help!|||How about a hd 5670 or a 6670. I'm pretty sure both cards are small and can even run on a 300watt psu.|||Well, not with that PSU.



Most cards capable of playing BF3 will require at least a 500W PSU (generally 550W or higher).



You can get a 5670, but I don't know if that card will play BF3 smoothly or not. Also depends on what resolution you plan on playing and what in-game settings you turn on.



Above 1680x1050 and you'll need a mid-range or high end card...|||if your video card is not low-profile then any video card should fit in there





If there is absolutely no hope and it can not be any bigger, look up your gpu model and post the dimensions (height, width, lenght)

No comments:

Post a Comment