Friday, April 27, 2012

What is the Best Video Card for Hp a264w comp.?

I have the comp. mentioned with G force nvidia4mx intergrated grapics. This has worked fine until now. I play The Sims 2 and have all ep's up to open for business (base game and 3 ep's). Well I would like to get pets and Seasons but from all the trouble other people are having in the Sims forums, I don't think i have a good enough card and I would like to know what is the best graphics card that is compatable with my computer. Please help, have tried to find it online and haven't had any luck with finding compatabilty. I had crucil.com do a scan and they had nothing to help.



PS. I have the max ram for my computer 1gb|||The best - most powerful AGP 8X graphics card available in the UK is the ATI Radeon X1950Pro - just over £100 from Dabs. You may be pleased to hear that such expense is not required for Sims!

At the value end of the market, I would suggest that you avoid the Radeon 7000 and 9250, and the nVidia FX5200.

Scan have two cards which I would recommend strangely both at £28.19 today:

256MB Gigabyte Radeon X1050 AGP 8x 128Bit GDDR2

256MB XFX6200A AGP 4x/8x

Either of these will provide a vast improvement over your integrated MX graphics, without breaking the bank or saddling you with obsolete technology.



Good Luck.|||it has a 8X AGP slot its not that old of a technology. 83 listed at tigerdirect.com. what kind of compatabilty issue are you having? email me if you wish

No comments:

Post a Comment