Thursday, April 26, 2012

What is the best video card for a 250W power supply?

It's hard to find video cards for such a small power supply but I found one so I guess there have to be others out there and so I want to ask if you know any good ones that will work with my Hp Pavilion a6302f (250w power supply)?



The one I found: http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_sku.asp?CatIds=73%2C2793,281&webid=740192&affixedcode=WW



It's only 256MB but I'm only buying a new card for my Empire Total War which only needs 256MB but since this card is a "dedicated" card does that make it better? A lot better? A little better? Hardly a difference?



Thank you!! Oh and is this card shown above any good? That and does it have a "shader model 2.0 or greater" 'cause I need that for the game, too?!|||I would seriously get a 500w power supply.. they are not that expensive|||Thats the problem with HP, stingy with the power supply. You have a decent processor on that machine and you will limit your capabilities with that power supply. You should look into replacing it with a 500-600 watt unit to realize your possibilities. call around some shops, it might not be that expensive to upgrade.



If you persist in going with the lesser unit, be sure you have the correct slots on your motherboard for the card...PCI, PCI X1, PCIX16, etc.



I cant use your jump to look at the card because I'm USA and they want a Canadian zip code.



However your card choice is probably based on either an ATI Radeon or Nvidia GeForce design. You can go to the Nvidia or AMD websites to find your model card and it's specifications. Shader, etc.



Additional Info: Model 3 shader--other specs:





http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce_6200.…|||Honest companies don't sell new computers with 250W power supply units. Get a better power supply first before getting a graphics card.

No comments:

Post a Comment